Timothy Arbet, OD, FAAO
Dr. Arbet, an Ottawa native, has provided eye care to patients in Illinois for almost 40 years. Learn more about him below.
Dr. Arbet moved to the Quad City area in 1984 and began seeing patients in June of 1984. He enjoys primary care optometry and is committed to helping people achieve their best vision. Detecting and managing various eye diseases and educating patients on their best possible treatment options is an important role for modern-day optometrists.
Dr. Arbet fits all kinds of different contact lenses and enjoys providing patients with the visual freedom they deserve. He enjoys all aspects of optometry and wants to be sure you enjoy healthy eyes and clear vision so you can enjoy life.
He and his wife Lori have been blessed with 3 children and 1 beautiful granddaughter (so far). He enjoys golfing, fishing, and gardening.
- Graduated from Ottawa-Marquette High School in 1977
- Graduated from Illinois Valley Community College in 1979
- Attended Illinois State University for 1 year (1979-1980) Fear the bird!!
- Graduated Summa Cum Laude from Illinois College of Optometry 1984
- Illinois Optometric Association
- American Optometric Association
- Volunteer Optometric Services to Humanity
- Fellow of the American Academy of Optometry
- Diplomate, American Board of Optimetry
- Member Mercy County Board
- Past President Rock Island Jaycees
- Past President Sherrard CUSD #200 School Board
I've been coming to RIOC since I was 13 years old. Dr. Arbet is a friendly, professional, and highly skilled optometrist. The office staff couldn't be more pleasant and efficient. They accommodate my schedule and the wait time is minimal. I highly recommend all the doctors at RIOC. I wouldn't go anywhere else. - Paula P
I've been going to Rock Island Optometric since I first needed glasses as a kid, and every single year the staff and Dr. Arbet continue to be nothing but wonderful! Everyone is kind and helpful, and they send very convenient text reminders for things like appointments! I really can't recommend them enough!! - Julia S.